M.Arch. is a 2- year postgraduate course divided into 4 semesters. The minimum eligibility for pursuing this course is a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture with a minimum aggregate score of 50%, completed from a recognized institution. Architecture is a discipline or art of designing and constructing buildings. The course essentially involves concepts of planning, architecture, and design fundamentals. It incorporates elements of both rural and urban infrastructure, imparted through a professionally oriented curriculum. The Council of Architecture (COA) serves as a regulating body concerned with the education and practice of this profession. Master of Architecture or M.Arch. The course is not just limited to buildings but is also involved with designing or construction of Parks, Museums, Garden, Theme Parks, etc. There are various specializations under this domain of studies, such as Landscape Architecture, Green Architecture, and Naval Architecture amongst many others.
Duration of M.Arch course-
The duration of the M.Arch course is 2 years.
Candidates aspiring for admission to the course need to have completed graduation in Architecture from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
Course/Duration for M.Arch:-
Subjects of M.Arch:
- Contemporary Processes in Architectural Design
- Urban Conservation and Practice
- Traditional and Contemporary Landscapes
- Sustainable and Green Building Design
- Urban Design Studio
- Landscape Ecology and Planning
- Performance Evaluation of Buildings
- Services in High Rise Buildings
- Urban Landscape Design
- Web Design and Portfolio Production
- Advanced Architectural Design Studio
- Emerging Practices in Housing
- Research Methodologies in Architecture
- Architecture and Critical Theory
- Sustainability and Energy Conservation in Landscape Architecture
- Building Information Modeling
- Building Management and Control Systems
- Appropriate Technologies and Sustainable Construction
- GIS Modeling in Urban Planning
- Material Conservation
Tuition fees for B.arch course-
for the B.Arch course, the Tuition fees start from 75 thousand per year and go up to 3 lakhs per year, varies from college to college.
Job & Career Scope:-
Successful postgraduates of the course are hired in capacities such as Architectural Consultant, in organizations such as DLF, L&T, Sahara Group, Eros Group etc.
Such postgraduates find lucrative career opportunities in areas such as:
- Central and State Public Work Departments
- Urban Development Corporations
- State Housing Boards
- Town and Country Planning Organization
- Department of Railways
- National Institutes of Urban Affairs and Housing
- National Building Organization
- City Development Authorities
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such postgraduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.