About CAT 2019
Common Admission Test (CAT) is the national level entrance test. Through this exam, candidates can get admission to postgraduate management courses. CAT exam is managed by the IIMs on the rotation basis. This year, it will be organized by IIM, Calcutta. Candidates wishing to pursue MBA programme from IIMs or top colleges of the country can apply for this test. Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019 is a milestone for MBA students who wish to take admission top B Schools in India. CAT Exam is considered as the most important management entrance test or MBA entrance exam amongst others and given a high priority by the top management colleges. The CAT Exam is conducted by IIMs on the rotation basis. The CAT 2019 making big as a management professional. The motive of CAT Exam 2019 is to test aptitude, logical thinking and decision making the ability of a student. Thus, CAT exam has a great significance for MBA admissions.
Important Dates for CAT 2019
- Notification Release Date- 29th July 2019
- CAT Registration starts Form- 8th August 2019
- Image Correction Window Starts- 27th-30th September 2019
- Admit Card Availability Date- 24th October 2019
- Exam Date- 1st week of December 2019
- Answer key Release- December 2019
- Result Declaration- 2nd week of January 2019
Eligibilty for CAT
- Qualification: students must acquire a bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.
- Appearing in final year-students who are in the final year or have completed the degree or waiting for results are eligible for CAT 2019.
- Reserved seats: Reserved seats for SC Candidates: 15%
- Reserved seats for ST candidates: 7.5%
- Reserved seats for OBC: 27%
- Reserved seats for the person with disabilities: 3%
Mode of Application for CAT
Mode of Application form is through Online only.
Application Fees for CAT
- The application fee amounts to 1700/-for General / NC-OBC candidates.
SC/ST /PWD candidates are required to remit Rs.850/- as an application fe
Mode of Application fees payment for CAT
Mode of payment can be done through debit/credit card & net banking
Mode of exam for CAT
Mode of Examination is also through online only.
Hall ticket / Admit card for CAT
Candidates can obtain admit card once the official date announced. Make sure you are carrying admit card to the examination centre.
Only those candidates who have successfully registered online will receive the admit card
The admit card will only be available on the website.
Candidates can download the admit card 2019 using their login details.
The admit card will contain important sections like the name of the candidate, Roll no., exam date & timings, login details, registration number, PWD status etc.
Make sure you bring admit card to the exam center.
Exam centers for CAT
CAT 2019 will be conducted in 140 exam centers across the country. Participants will be allowed to choose 4 cities for the online entrance test as their preferred exam center. They should exercise their choices in the application form according to their convenience. The governing authority will allot to the individuals and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
Exam Pattern for CAT
- Exam Mode: Online
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Type of questions: MCQ and subjective type
- Marking: 3 marks for each right answer and 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong response. Marking scheme is applied to MCQ type questions.
- Subject weight: Quantitative ability: 34 questions-102 marks
Verbal ability & reading comprehension: 34 questions-102 marks
Data interpretation & logical reasoning: 32 questions-96 marks
Exam duration for CAT
The exam durion for CAT will be 180 minutes.
Negative marking for CAT
yes, negative marking will be there for CAT.
Result and Counseling for CAT
The list of shortlisted candidates for the next level of selection will be published through online mode on the website. CAT score card 2019 is available through online mode on the official website. The institutions also intimate the individual candidates by SMS. The scorecard is valid for one year only. Candidates can download the scorecard by entering User ID & Password.
There will be no centralized counseling conducted by the Institution.
Colleges accepting CAT score card
Almost all the MBA colleges in India is accepting the CAT scorecard.some of the top colleges are-
- Other Business Schools
Counseling and admission for CAT
- There will be no centralized counseling conducted by the Institution.
- Each Institution has its own eligibility & admission criteria (including academic cut-offs and relative weights) for admission into management courses.
- Each IIM will send interview call letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The selection criteria for short listing vary from IIM to IIM.
- After qualifying CAT exam, candidates have to appear in the Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interviews (PI) rounds.
- The CAT admission will be given on the basis of candidate’s previous academic performance, relevant work experience & short-listing of candidates.
Tips and tricks for CAT
- Candidates are advised to select those topics which they are confident about, rather wasting time on weak topics
- Aspirants must practice test papers for understanding the exam pattern
- Access your abilities and strong subjects in every 10-15 days
- Minimum 10 hours study every day required, especially before the 6 months of CAT exams
- Management schools seek to test understanding of basic concepts that the students possess so prepare accordingly.
- To avoid the last minute hassle, be ready with admit card, pen, and other items.
- You can easily score well in CAT with a proper study schedule. you are advised to take mock tests regularly While practicing these tips,. These would ensure that you have a detailed plan for attempting the exam and you get an idea of weak areas you need to work up.