Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) 2019 is a national level exam which is held for 200 MBBS seats available at JIPMER, Puducherry (150 seats) and JIPMER, Karaikal (50 seats). JIPMER, an Institute of National Importance, conducts the entrance exam for the MBBS course annually in online mode i.e. as a computer-based test. The entrance exam of JIPMER MBBS 2019 will be conducted for duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. JIPMER, Puducherry will hold the entrance exam on June 2 for the academic year 2019-20. After qualifying the exam, a counseling process is held post which candidates can take admission to the course. JIPMER MBBS 2019 is one of the three medical exams conducted for admission to MBBS course, the other two being AIIMS MBBS and NEET UG. It is expected that as many as 2 lakh aspirants will take JIPMER MBBS 2019. The entrance exam of JIPMER MBBS 2019 will be conducted in approximately 120 cities.
Important dates of JIPMER
- Filling of online application form- 6th March 2019
- Last date of filling and submitting the application form- 12th April 2019
- Releasing of admit card- 3rd week of May 2019
- Examination date- 2nd June 2019
- Publishing of merit list- 2nd week of June 2019
- Releasing of Rank Letter- 3rd week of June 2019
- 1st Counselling- 26th – 28th June 2019
- 2nd Counselling- 24th July 2019
- 3rd Counselling- 21st August 2019
- Final Counselling- 26th September 2019
- Admission process closing- 30th September 2019
Eligibility of JIPMER
- Nationality- Applying candidate should be an Indian National/Overseas Citizen of India.
- Age Limit- Candidate should complete the age of 17 years at the time of admission on or before 31st December 2019.
Candidates must born on or before 1st January 2003.
There is no upper limit.
- Qualifying Exam- Candidate should pass the 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board/university.
- Subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology along with English with one elective subject.
- Minimum Marks- Candidates must pass individually in each subject and 50% marks taken together. 40% marks (OBC/SC/ST/OPH)& 45% marks (GEN-OPH) in PCB stream.
- Appeared Candidates- Candidates those appearing in the qualifying exam in March/April 2019 can also apply.
Mode of application for JIPMER
JIPMER application form 2019 will be accepted only through online mode.
Application fees for JIPMER
JIMPER fees for Application is as follows-
- General- Rs. 1500
- SC/ST & P-SC/ST- Rs. 1200
- NRI/OCI- Rs. 3000
- OPH & P-OPH- Exempted from application fee
Mode of Application fees payment for JIPMER
JIPMER application fees can be paid by online mode only. one can pay it using net banking, debit card or credit card.
mode of exam for JIPMER
The exam will be conducted through online (CBT) mode.
Hall Ticket / admit card for JIPMER
JIPMER admit card will be released through online mode only. The downloading of admit card will be started from the third week of May 2019. Candidates must carry the valid photo Id proof in original with one photocopy along with the admit card. Candidates may carry the Aadhaar card/ E-Aadhar with validated digital signature /Passport along with them. If the candidate will find any discrepancy in the admit card they can contact the help desk available on the official website.
Exam centers for JIPMER
There are approximately 120 exam centers all over India.
Exam Pattern for JIPMER
Medium- The Examination will be asked in the English Language.
No of Questions- 200 Questions will be asked in the examination.
Types of Questions- MCQ will be asked in the exam.
Marking Scheme- 4 Marks will be answered for each correct answer. No negative marking.
English Language &Comprehension- 10
Logical & Quantitative Reasoning- 10
Exam Duration for JIPMER
the duration of JIPMER exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Negative marking for JIPMER
there will be no negative marking in JIPMER exam.
Result and counseling for JIPMER
The authority will release the list of the candidates those will be selected for the counseling rounds. JIPMER results along with rank list will be declared in the third week of June 2019. Candidates can view their results and the rank list through the online mode. The merit ranking will be based on percentile score after normalization procedure. Merit list will be drawn category-wise based on minimum percentile prescribed by the authority.
Candidates have to first register for the counseling procedure. The counseling will be commenced after the declaration of result through offline mode. First counseling will be started from 26th June 2019. In the JIPMER counseling 2019, the biometric, image and certificate will be verified for the allotment of seats. Candidates have to opt for one of the campuses for admission.
Tips and Tricks for JIPMER